Application deadline is May 31st for Canadian students and March 31st for International students.
|Program||Expected Length||Project and/or thesis||Course based|
Our Master of Business Administration (MBA) program helps professionals from all backgrounds who are seeking to advance or change their careers. We do this by offering a learning environment based on practical experience and essential management skills.
The Edwards MBA can be completed in only 12 months if taken full time, or part time in up to 36 months. A decidedly unique aspect of this innovative MBA program is the focused learning and integration of business concepts. Each course is offered consecutively in a modular format. Courses are scheduled in three week durations creating an intensive learning environment that immerses students in the subject area while allowing flexibility in scheduling your MBA education. Furthermore, our students learn how business concepts are integrated into business decisions through a combination of applied courses, exercises, case studies and projects incorporating each functional business area.
Students in the MBA program participate in a one-week intensive experiential management skills retreat in beautiful Northern Saskatchewan. This course provides MBA students with skills to enhance self-understanding; improve interpersonal effectiveness and successfully manage in complex environments. Students will explore their personal management style and improve their communication skills; gain valuable insights into how to manage difficult people; conduct interest-based negotiations; and help their subordinates achieve improved levels of performance. We will also highlight the role of personal wellness as a critical aspect of management performance.
Students from all academic backgrounds are encouraged to apply for the MBA program. The diverse student body creates a classroom environment where students are encouraged to examine complex business scenarios from a variety of professional perspectives. Students in the MBA program work together throughout the year on group projects and extra-curricular events, and as a result become extremely close knit. Your peers will become lifelong friends, and will enhance the quality of your education by sharing their experiences both in, and out of the classroom.
|Master of Business Administration||$30,306.00 CAD||$47,883.48 CAD|
In addition to tuition above, students also pay fees for programs like health and dental insurance, a bus pass, and other campus services. The amount you need to pay depends on if you are taking classes full time or part time, and if you are on campus or not. The table below assumes you are on campus full-time.
|Fall 2020||Winter 2021||Spring 2021||Summer 2021|
|Student fees||$699.04 CAD||$299.28 CAD||$27.50 CAD||$27.50 CAD|
Tuition information is accurate for the current academic year and does not include student fees. For detailed tuition and fees information, visit the official tuition website.
Master of Business Administration
- Language Proficiency Requirements: Proof of English proficiency may be required for international applicants and for applicants whose first language is not English.
- a cumulative weighted average of at least a 70% (U of S grade system equivalent) in the last two years of study (i.e. 60 credit units)
- a four-year degree, or equivalent, from a recognized college or university
- applicants will participate in an interview with the M.B.A. selection committee
- current resume detailing positions held and a description of responsibilities
- minimum score of 500 Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT)
- three confidential letters of recommendation (minimum one academic)
The Edwards MBA assesses applicants on a composite basis for admission purposes. We look at a variety of factors when making admission decisions including undergraduate degree, grade point average, work experience, GMAT score, and reference letters.
Submit an online application
If you are a past or current student you may begin an application in the admissions channel of PAWS. Once you begin an application, choose the following application form in the system:
- Graduate (B) Fall term start
During the application, you'll be asked for:
- Personal information such as your name, address, etc.
- The names and email addresses of three references
- Your educational history, including dates and grades from all schools you've attended
The application takes about 20 minutes to complete. You may save your application and return to it later as long as you remember the Login ID and PIN you've created.
At the end of the application, you will need to pay a $90 application fee. It is recommended that you pay online with a credit card. If you choose to pay later with an alternate form of payment, your application will be not be processed until payment is received.
Submitting required documents
Once you’ve completed an online application, you will need to upload the following documents:
Preliminary Statement of Marks
- Once you have submitted your application for admission and paid the application fee, you will be required to upload unofficial PDF copies of your academic transcript(s) from each post-secondary institution attended. This requirement will appear as Preliminary Statement of Marks or Additional Prelim. Statement under admission requirements on your Application Summary when you check your application status.
- The uploaded transcript can be an unofficial copy of the transcript issued by the university or college, and must include a grading key/legend.
- All pages of a transcript must be uploaded as a single PDF document.
- Uploaded transcripts will be considered unofficial or preliminary. Official copies of your transcripts will only be required once you have been offered admission. This requirement will appear as Post-secondary Transcript under admission requirements on your Application Summary when you check your application status.
If you receive an offer of admission, you will then be required to have your official post-secondary transcripts sent (by mail in a sealed envelope directly from the institution) to the address below. Please do not send official documents until we request them.
College of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies
Room 116 Thorvaldson Building, 110 Science Place
Saskatoon, SK CANADA S7N 5C9
- Transcripts usually indicate the institution’s name, grading scheme (typically on back of transcript), your name, course names, numbers, credits, and the grades you have received. Depending on the country or institution, some features may not be available.
- Transcripts in languages other than English must be accompanied by a certified translation.
- If you are a current University of Saskatchewan student completing your undergraduate program then a letter of completion of degree requirements will be required from your college.
- Your CV/Resume should be a one or two page concise summary of your skills, experience and education.
- A CV/Resume is essentially your full academic and professional profile. It should include a summary of your educational and academic backgrounds as well as teaching and research experience, publications, presentations, awards, honours, affiliations and other details.
- Applicants will be required to upload a PDF copy of their CV/Resume.
- Your letter of intent is a chance to tell the Edwards MBA Selection Committee what unique and valuable contributions you can make to the Edwards MBA program.
- Provide a brief description of your business and educational background, and your goals for the future. How will an MBA help you achieve your goals? Describe briefly what piqued your interest in achieving an MBA, and what you hope to get out of the program.
- Discuss why you have decided to apply to the Edwards MBA program, and why it is a good fit for you. What specific parts of the Edwards MBA program are you looking forward too?
- Make sure your letter of intent is unique and specific to the Edwards MBA program. We don't want to read generic letters that sound like they could have been sent to any school. We want to know why you have chosen the Edwards MBA, and why we should choose you!
- It is your responsibility to have completed any relevant test with the appropriate score before the application deadline.
- Uploaded test scores will be considered unofficial or preliminary.
- Applicants will be required to upload a PDF copy of any required test score.
If you receive an Offer of Admission you may be required to have your official GMAT test scores mailed directly to the academic unit for the program for which you applied.
Edwards Graduate Programs
Room 241 Edwards School of Business
25 Campus Drive
University of Saskatchewan
Saskatoon, SK S7N 5A7