|Value||$50,000/year for three years.|
|Eligibility||The Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship (Vanier CGS) was created to attract and retain world-class doctoral students and to establish Canada as a global centre of excellence in research and higher learning. It is worth $50,000 per year for three years and is available to both Canadian and international PhD students studying at Canadian universities.|
To be considered for a Vanier CGS, you must:
Without exception, the Vanier CGS is tenable only at the eligible Canadian university that submitted the nomination.
- be nominated by only one Canadian university, which must have received a Vanier CGS allocation;
- be seeking financial support to pursue your first doctoral degree (or combined MA/PhD or MD/PhD; note that only the PhD portion of a combined degree is eligible for funding);
- intend to pursue, in the summer semester or the academic year following the announcement of results, full-time doctoral (or combined MA/PhD or MD/PhD) studies and research at the nominating university. Note that only the PhD portion of a combined degree is eligible for funding;
- have completed no more than 20 months of doctoral studies as of May 1, 2023 (see Calculating months of doctoral studies);
- have achieved a first-class average (minimum of 80%) in each of the last two years of full-time study or equivalent; and
- not have already received a doctoral-level scholarship or fellowship from CIHR, NSERC or SSHRC to undertake or complete a doctoral degree.
To hold the Vanier CGS, the candidate must:
- be registered as a full-time student at the nominating Canadian university and be pursuing a doctoral degree (or combined MA/PhD or MD/PhD); and
- remain enrolled and demonstrate continued satisfactory progress in their doctoral program.
|Apply||For information on applying for this award, visit the Vanier website. |
Note that applications must be fully uploaded to ResearchNet no later than September 26, 2022 at 7:00pm CST.
For more information, contact Graduate Awards & Scholarships
|Deadline||Internal deadline - Monday, September 26, 2022 at 7:00pm CST|