Applicants for 2017-18 who are citizens of Iran, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, or Yemen may be eligible for an application fee waiver, and are encouraged to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visiting Research Students (VRS), who are students wishing to come for a period of supervised research only (stays of up to 12 months), follow a different application and admission procedure. If you are applying as a VRS, please follow the link below.
Before you apply
All Master's, doctoral and postgraduate diploma students apply online but the application procedures can vary between programs.
Decide on a program and review the program’s page for the following information:
- Deadlines - Academic units set their own deadlines for applications. Keep in mind that academic units make decisions on scholarship and fellowships at set times during the year. These vary from unit to unit and may be different from application deadlines.
- Admission requirements - Requirements for graduate programs will vary. Please check the program’s page to confirm the specific requirements.
- Application process - Some departments require you to identify a potential supervisor or research area before applying and some require additional documentation.
What to expect once you begin:
The online application takes about 20 minutes to complete. You may start an application, save it, and return to it any time before the application deadline. To return, just log back into the online application with your Login ID and PIN.
Please ensure that you store your Login ID and PIN in a secure place.
- If you are new to the University of Saskatchewan, you will start at a sign in page where you will need to create your own Login ID and PIN. Instructions on how to do this are provided on that page.
- If you are a past or current student you may begin an application in the Admissions channel in PAWS.
You will need to have ready:
- The names and email addresses of your referees
- Your educational history from all post-secondary institutions you have attended. Transcripts from all post-secondary institutions a student has attended will be required.
- Visa or MasterCard for online payment of $90 application fee. This payment is non-refundable and processing on an application will not be done prior to the payment being received.
Completing the application:
First, you will be asked to choose the application type. Please choose either:
Not all academic units offer admission to all terms. Refer to the application process of your program.
- Graduate (A) MPAcc program
- Graduate (B) Fall Term start
- Graduate (C) Winter Term start
- Graduate (D) Spring Term start
- Graduate (E) Non-Degree
- Graduate (F) Joint Student
After you have picked the Admission Term and input your name the Application Checklist will appear. Read this section carefully and complete all parts of the application. The blue icon on the Application Checklist will turn into a check mark when you have completed a section.
Application is Complete - click this button to submit your application. It will take you to the application fee payment screen.
Application Fee payment
A non-refundable application fee of $90 CDN is required before your application will be processed. We recommend that you pay your application fee online at the time of application to avoid any delays in the processing of your application.
You may pay online with a credit card or you may click on Alternate Payment to use one of the other options.
- If you are unable to complete your credit card payment online, but still wish to pay with credit card, you can submit a Credit Card Payment Form
The Credit Card Payment Form can be faxed to 306-966-2115, or mailed to Student and Enrolment Services, 105 Administration Place, Saskatoon SK, Canada S7N 5A2.
- If you do not have access to a credit card, the $90 fee may be paid in Canadian dollars by cheque, money order or bank draft. These may be made payable to “University of Saskatchewan" and submitted to: Student and Enrolment Services, 105 Administration Place, Saskatoon SK, Canada S7N 5A2.
After you have applied
Learn about the following information:
- Check your application status
- Submitting required documentation
- Admission process